Re: [FT897] Help With FLRIG And FT-897D

  • Curt Givens
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 6, 2012
      Here at home I have the 897D and use flrig with no problems from a win7 desktop through a usb/serial adapter. I have used both the yaseu cable and the RT System cable I'm currently using the yaseu cable as I only have the one RT cable and use it to program both the 897 at home and the 857 in the truck. I've also run the 857 using the yaseu cable and the rt cable from both XP-SP3 and a vista laptop. A couple of things to try. I turn on the radio, start flidigi then flrig and through the latest update everything plays nice together. Do you have the RT Systems software and can you program the radio with your current set up? After you configured flrig did you initialize it?

      If you are running windows you might want to join us over on the winflidigi users group on yahoo and if you run Linux consider Linuxham group. Flidgi's author and a goodly number of the testers are presnt on the lists and most helpful.

      73,
      Curt

      de Curt KC8STE  Dayton, OH
      Earthdog Director Gem City Agility Club

      "By the rude bridge that arched the flood,
      Their flag to April's breeze unfurled,
      Here once the embattled farmers stood,
      And fired the shot heard round the world."
      Concord Hymn - Ralph Waldo Emerson

      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 7, 2012
        I'm running Windows 7. I haven't tried starting fldigi first and then flrig.

        I do have the RT Systems software. Also, I have clicked the initialize button. I am also a member of the winfldigi group and I posted the same question there as well.

        Thanks for the help, I'll give those things a try.