Re: PSK Power Level

  • dogtom64
    Message 1 of 37 , May 2, 2012
      Lot of different replies here with a lot of different information. First off, PSK is a key down mode. You're transmitting all the time, bandwidth has nothing to do with it. If you run 100 W on PSK you will risk burning out your finals. So, rule of thumb is just like AM mode, read what they recommend there and what they limit AM transmission to, 25W. That is what you should be running any normal digital mode, PSK, RTTY, Olivia, any of those key down modes, and even some of the others too. Also, there should be no ALC reading, if you have ALC reading, you're splattering.

      C'mon guys read up on what's going on. I guess that's why I see those wide PSK31 signals in my waterfall.

      Dave
      N3DT
    • Paul Christy
      Message 37 of 37 , May 8, 2012
        Ah duh.... Forgot I didn't need to be in DIG mode to do PSK. Got it.
        Been looking for you on .55. Got it on now if you're around. Got a couple
        other questions for you.

        Paul.