Re: [FT897] Re: "New" digital modes on 60 Meters

  • Joel
    Message 1 of 16 , May 1, 2012
      I agree - for one channel it is really not worth the risk to your rig.

      60M was a nightmare day one of the change and pretty jerked up for a while
      after that but it appears to have settled down. The ARRL did not help
      things much with publishing
      misleading information on the modes then retracting it. I think many
      people now realize that it does not offer you
      anything that any other band does not. It used to be a fun little band
      when USB only. now you
      have digital and CW to contend with and when you should only have one
      QSO at a time on any
      channel , not to mention avoiding interfering with primary users, it
      gets hard to manage.

      Add to that you have the Lids that try to enforce rules like channel 5
      is the ' DX only ' frequency and
      jam you when you are trying to have a short QSO there regardless of the
      presence of DX and the people working
      DX split , so you cant even tell if there is DX on there because the DX
      is not transmitting on a frequency that US hams
      can use. People trying to run nets, people moving 80M roundtables down
      ....etc etc

      After being a very frequent 60M user I no longer go there.

      Cheers.

      Joel
      KQ0J