Re: FT 897D Electronic keyer

  • Steve Yates
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1 9:09 AM
      Paul,

      I've had similar problems when RF gets into to keying line. Also, check for shorts in your paddle's 1/8" connector.

      You probably already know this, but check Menu No-025 and set it (NORMAL or REVERSE) so that the dits are on the paddle side that you want, normally the left paddle. Also, it is normal to send a string of dit-dahs when holding BOTH paddles together. With practice you can use this as a shortcut to send even faster. For instance, a "period" can be sent with a single squeeze. This feature is also why I'm suspicious that you may have a short in the connector. I've had problems with shorts when using adapters to go from one size to another.

      Good luck.

      73,
      Steve - AA5TB