Re: New file uploaded to FT897

  • Peter
    Message 1 of 162 , Aug 3 5:07 PM
      Hi David,

      Thanks for trying the program. Can you possibly tell me what the
      jumper configuration of your FT-897 is ? I am trying to map the bits
      so we can work out what to set it to.

      My JA version '897 works with 37 06 as open on receive, but I think
      it will be different for the US versions.

      As for the ARS, you may or may not lose it, check out the info at
      www.mods.dk; some people report losing the ARS function, some say
      that it works in reverse (i.e., set it to OFF and it is actually ON)

      The program essentially does what changing the physical hardware
      jumpers do - so any side effects will be the same.

      All the same, if it does not work for you, then simply run the
      program and reset the radio to 17 06 and you are back to normal.

      Anyone who has a hardware modified radio, I'd love to know what
      values the program reports from you !

      If you run the program with no options, it will just read the EEPROM
      in the radio. Send reports to the group or direct to me at the email
      address specified in the readme.txt

      I'd love to hear how you & others get on.

      73 de Peter, VK2JCG.

      --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, "k9wq" <k9wq@y...> wrote:
      > Many thanks for VK2JCG for making this program available.
      >
      > I can report that my unmodified American FT-897, serial #2L040482,
      in
      > which Yaesu installed a new CPU during warranty service on 4-18-03,
      > reports a value of 17 06.
      >
      > Can anyone provide detail on what values would permit the rig to
      > transmit on 50 meters? I'd also like to be sure that I understand
      all
      > of the side effects of modification. Do I recall hearing that
      changing
      > the jumpers breaks automatic repeater offset? Is it that jumper
      > modification allows the rig to transmit on any frequency it can
      receive?

      > David
      > K9WQ
      >
      > --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, FT897@yahoogroups.com wrote:
      > >
      > > Hello,

      > > a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the FT897
      > > group.
      > >
      > > File : /softjump.zip
      > > Uploaded by : vk2jcg <vk2jcg@t...>
      > > Description : Update FT817/897 jumper configuration via CAT
      interface
    • FT897@yahoogroups.com
      Message 162 of 162 , Aug 25 6:23 AM
        Hello,

        a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the FT897
        group.

        File : /FT-857_FT897_FT817 reduced cat commands,.pdf
        Uploaded by : g1mhu <zen22486@...>
        Description : HRD Cat command reduction

        You can access this file at the URL:

        Regards,