Re: [FT897] 897d to home network

  • B Young
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 4, 2012
      You can purchase a Signal Link USB device from Tiger Tronics and use Skype
      or IP Sound.

      It works great.

      73 Barry K9BAY
      On Jan 3, 2012 6:42 PM, "Thyrymn" <bfrische@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > I want to hook up my 897d to my home wireless network in order to use it
      > and control it from a remote location in my house with something like HRD.
      > Any ideas how this could be done?
      >
      > 73, Bill, KD0OQB

    • Bram
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 4, 2012
        May be you could hook up the 897d to a pc with hrd or mixw with a ct-62 cable for cat control and a soundcard radio interface
        the pc connected to a wireless network

        i did a few experiments in taking over the shack pc with remote desktop provided in windows xp also in windows 7 that works perfect controlling the rig and my pk-232 modem and the soundcard inteface
        digital modes work flawless
        i'll give it a try with echolink , but i''ll think that won't work there will be a echo in the sound etc , you can try that by playing some avi files on the pc you take over , the audio is delayed and with some echo and the graphics are limited mixw will work because it's not very grapical but i have my doubts about hrd

        regards
        brampeek Pe2ek

        --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, "Thyrymn" <bfrische@...> wrote:

        > I've searched and searched, but haven't found a way to do this:
        >
        > My radio is in a less than ideal location due to compromises made with the family. It is cold where it is located so winter use is not real great. I'm trying to figure out how to put the 897 on my home's wireless network to control remotely (sound, talk, the whole bit).
        >
        > Wireless is preferred, there's no cables currently in the room where radio is located.

      • B Young
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 4, 2012
          Hello

          On Jan 4, 2012 11:26 AM, "Bram" <peek0101@...> wrote:

          > **
          >

          > May be you could hook up the 897d to a pc with hrd or mixw with a ct-62
          > cable for cat control and a soundcard radio interface
          > the pc connected to a wireless network
          >
          > i did a few experiments in taking over the shack pc with remote desktop
          > provided in windows xp also in windows 7 that works perfect controlling the
          > rig and my pk-232 modem and the soundcard inteface
          > digital modes work flawless
          > i'll give it a try with echolink , but i''ll think that won't work there
          > will be a echo in the sound etc , you can try that by playing some avi
          > files on the pc you take over , the audio is delayed and with some echo and
          > the graphics are limited mixw will work because it's not very grapical but
          > i have my doubts about hrd
          >
          > regards
          > brampeek Pe2ek
          >
          > --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, "Thyrymn" <bfrische@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > I've searched and searched, but haven't found a way to do this:
          > >
          > > My radio is in a less than ideal location due to compromises made with
          > the family. It is cold where it is located so winter use is not real great.
          > I'm trying to figure out how to put the 897 on my home's wireless network
          > to control remotely (sound, talk, the whole bit).
          > >
          > > Wireless is preferred, there's no cables currently in the room where
          > radio is located.

        • Thyrymn
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 4, 2012
            So no ideas on how to put the radio directly on the home network and just control it over ip? The end result is I need another PC.

            --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, B Young <youngbar0978@...> wrote:

            > Hello
            >
            > You can purchase a Signal Link USB device from Tiger Tronics and use Skype
            > or IP Sound.
            >
            > It works great.
            >
            > 73 Barry K9BAY
            > On Jan 4, 2012 11:26 AM, "Bram" <peek0101@...> wrote:
            >
            > > **
            > >

            > > May be you could hook up the 897d to a pc with hrd or mixw with a ct-62
            > > cable for cat control and a soundcard radio interface
            > > the pc connected to a wireless network
            > >
            > > i did a few experiments in taking over the shack pc with remote desktop
            > > provided in windows xp also in windows 7 that works perfect controlling the
            > > rig and my pk-232 modem and the soundcard inteface
            > > digital modes work flawless
            > > i'll give it a try with echolink , but i''ll think that won't work there
            > > will be a echo in the sound etc , you can try that by playing some avi
            > > files on the pc you take over , the audio is delayed and with some echo and
            > > the graphics are limited mixw will work because it's not very grapical but
            > > i have my doubts about hrd
            > >
            > > regards
            > > brampeek Pe2ek
            > >
            > > --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, "Thyrymn" <bfrische@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > I've searched and searched, but haven't found a way to do this:
            > > >
            > > > My radio is in a less than ideal location due to compromises made with
            > > the family. It is cold where it is located so winter use is not real great.
            > > I'm trying to figure out how to put the 897 on my home's wireless network
            > > to control remotely (sound, talk, the whole bit).
            > > >
            > > > Wireless is preferred, there's no cables currently in the room where
            > > radio is located.

          • Hank Lambert
            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 5, 2012
              Here are a few links that might help you out:

              http://www.mmsn.org/RemoteControl.pdf

              http://www.glentekcorp.com/

              http://www.arrl.org/news/remote-control-your-hf-rig-via-the-internet

              There is also a device that allows you to replace the removable faceplate on
              rigs that have them and relocate the faceplate anywhere a network or the
              Internet is located. I don't remember the name, but it is in the AES
              catalog.

              73,

              Hank Lambert

              KB4MTO/TA5ZC

              hank@...

              kb4mto@...

              www.hanklambert.com

              PGP Key: 0x9DFFC21E

              --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com <mailto:FT897%40yahoogroups.com> , B Young
              <youngbar0978@...> wrote:

              > Hello
              >
              > You can purchase a Signal Link USB device from Tiger Tronics and use Skype
              > or IP Sound.
              >
              > It works great.
              >
              > 73 Barry K9BAY
              > On Jan 4, 2012 11:26 AM, "Bram" <peek0101@...> wrote:
              >
              > > **
              > >

              > > May be you could hook up the 897d to a pc with hrd or mixw with a ct-62
              > > cable for cat control and a soundcard radio interface
              > > the pc connected to a wireless network
              > >
              > > i did a few experiments in taking over the shack pc with remote desktop
              > > provided in windows xp also in windows 7 that works perfect controlling
              the
              > > rig and my pk-232 modem and the soundcard inteface
              > > digital modes work flawless
              > > i'll give it a try with echolink , but i''ll think that won't work there
              > > will be a echo in the sound etc , you can try that by playing some avi
              > > files on the pc you take over , the audio is delayed and with some echo
              and
              > > the graphics are limited mixw will work because it's not very grapical
              but
              > > i have my doubts about hrd
              > >
              > > regards
              > > brampeek Pe2ek
              > >
              > > --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com <mailto:FT897%40yahoogroups.com> ,
              "Thyrymn" <bfrische@> wrote:

              > > > I've searched and searched, but haven't found a way to do this:
              > > >
              > > > My radio is in a less than ideal location due to compromises made with
              > > the family. It is cold where it is located so winter use is not real
              great.
              > > I'm trying to figure out how to put the 897 on my home's wireless
              network
              > > to control remotely (sound, talk, the whole bit).
              > > >
              > > > Wireless is preferred, there's no cables currently in the room where
              > > radio is located.

            • jdeitch2
              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 5, 2012
                Google is your friend:

                http://www.remoterig.com/wp/

                Jim
                JG1KGS

                --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, "Thyrymn" <bfrische@...> wrote:

                > So no ideas on how to put the radio directly on the home network and just control it over ip? The end result is I need another PC.
                >
                > --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, B Young <youngbar0978@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Hello
                > >
                > > You can purchase a Signal Link USB device from Tiger Tronics and use Skype
                > > or IP Sound.
                > >
                > > It works great.
                > >
                > > 73 Barry K9BAY
                > > On Jan 4, 2012 11:26 AM, "Bram" <peek0101@> wrote:
                > >
                > > > **
                > > >

                > > > May be you could hook up the 897d to a pc with hrd or mixw with a ct-62
                > > > cable for cat control and a soundcard radio interface
                > > > the pc connected to a wireless network
                > > >
                > > > i did a few experiments in taking over the shack pc with remote desktop
                > > > provided in windows xp also in windows 7 that works perfect controlling the
                > > > rig and my pk-232 modem and the soundcard inteface
                > > > digital modes work flawless
                > > > i'll give it a try with echolink , but i''ll think that won't work there
                > > > will be a echo in the sound etc , you can try that by playing some avi
                > > > files on the pc you take over , the audio is delayed and with some echo and
                > > > the graphics are limited mixw will work because it's not very grapical but
                > > > i have my doubts about hrd
                > > >
                > > > regards
                > > > brampeek Pe2ek

                > > > the family. It is cold where it is located so winter use is not real great.
                > > > I'm trying to figure out how to put the 897 on my home's wireless network
                > > > to control remotely (sound, talk, the whole bit).

                > > > radio is located.

              • Thyrymn
                Message 7 of 11 , Jan 5, 2012
                  My friend google found that for me, but didn't show me show that could be used to control a system over 802.11x network.....

                  Kd0oqb, bill

                • ke4ke@ymail.com
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jan 6, 2012
                    Hi,

                    I have done this with my FT897D. Currently I have the IC-703 hooked up due to an antenna issue. I use HRD from my noisy RF apartment over the internet to where I work. There I have a computer running HRD with the server turned on. Kewood's VOIP software provides the audio. The problem with the 897 is the inability to push the tune button for the add-on tuner in HRD. That is why I am using my 703+. The CT-62 needs 12 volts. It can not get 12 volts from the mic connector when you have the mic switched to CAT. The rear CAT connector is set for Tuner and hooked to the FC-30.

                    Tim

                    --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, "Thyrymn" <bfrische@...> wrote:

                    > I want to hook up my 897d to my home wireless network in order to use it and control it from a remote location in my house with something like HRD. Any ideas how this could be done?
                    >
                    > 73, Bill, KD0OQB

                  • jdeitch2
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jan 6, 2012
                      I forgot to add this to my previous post friend. I figured you would have stumbled across these in your search for the more specialized rig control system.

                      http://www.buffalotech.com/products/wireless/client-adapters/airstation-n300-dual-band-wireless-ethernet-converter-wli-tx4-ag300n/

                      Jim
                      JG1KGS