Go bag accesories

  • JP Douglas
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2012
      Happy New Year everyone!

      One thing that I have found essential on my "go bag" is an extra set of connectors.
      A couple of years ago we were going portable, got to the destination only to find out I had left
      the Signalink to radio connector behind. I was still able to do voice obviously but no digi.
      It was just a day trip anyway, so no sweat.

      As soon as I got to my QTH I ordered another connector from Tigertronics and put it in the go bag as well
      as an extra USB connector to the laptop.
      A separate connector from radio to power supply is also a good idea to put in the go bag, that way you don't have to disconnect the radio connectors at the power supply.

      Also bought another mic: Yaesu MH-25A8J. It's a commercial Vertex mic, feels and sounds better than stock mic.
      Put the stock mic in the go bag as well.

      Now when we hit the road I unplug the radio w/attached LDG AT-897Plus tuner, put it in the bag and I'm all set.

      73 de Jose, KB1TCD