Re: [FT897] Power output setting for SSB & Digital modes

  • Scott Hovey
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 2, 2011
      On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 08:49, W4GRJ <jack@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > Is there a way to set the power output to different levels in SSB &
      > Digital modes? For example, when swithcing mode to SSB it goes to 100w then
      > when going to Digital mode it goes to a preset of 40w.
      >
      > Did you try setting menu 75 on each mode? I know it works for bands, no
      idea if it works for modes.

      Scott, kk4eas

    • Jim Henry
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 2, 2011
        I rarely use more than 20 watts for the digital meds

        73 de Jim, GI0DVU

        Stay safe! Use hands free.

      • W4GRJ
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 3, 2011
          Thanks for your response....don't think that will solve the problem as I am trying to use the radio for Winlink 2K with CAT control using 40 watts in that mode, then switch to USB at 100W. Looks Like I will have to set it manually when switching modes.

          Thanks,
          Jack

          --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, "realbud99" <jeep_daddy@...> wrote:

          > Yes
          > Use the memory option. Just select the band, freq., power, mode etc., and then save that into a memory position. Do this to all your favorite bands. Instead of using the band button to switch bands, just go the the memory button and turn the knob to the memory channel you want and everything will be set exactly the way you want it - including power level.
          >
          > --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, "W4GRJ" <jack@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Is there a way to set the power output to different levels in SSB & Digital modes? For example, when swithcing mode to SSB it goes to 100w then when going to Digital mode it goes to a preset of 40w.
          > >
          > > Tnx,
          > > jack
          > > W4GRJ

        • Scott Hovey
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 5, 2011
            When I use HRD to control the radio and select a favorite, the band/power
            settings remain. I don't use Winlink so I can't test that.

            -S, KK4EAS