Re: [FT897] Tigertronics Signalink USB and my 897

  • Ray Grace
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 4, 2011
      Do you have the 897D set to DIG mode and Menu Mode # 038 set to 'PSK31-U'. PSK will operate for CW, or you can use 'USER-U'. If you use MMTTY, set for "-L" or choose 'REV' in the USB Mode. Lower/Upper SB only selects the BFO offset on transmit and receive. Since the Tigertronics is and Audio device, any sideband will work. The "DATA JACK" on the 897 is selected by setting the 'Mode' to "DIG". The Mic Jack is selected by setting the 'Mode' to USB or LSB.
      Ray - WA6OWM
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 5, 2011
        N2VFU and group:

        What kind of software is he using?

        73
        David N1EA

        On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 10:57 AM, n2vfu <sthanley@...> wrote:

        > I am having transmit issues. The signalink is connected to the data port
        > on the back of the 897d. The signalink light turns to transmit and the 897
        > appears to be transmitting but I can not get any CW or data transmitted. I
        > read the signalink troubleshooting guide and it says to check the
        > transceivers settings and gain. It also says some transceivers still take
        > the audio from the mic if settings are not correct. Has anyone seen my
        > issue?

      • Brian Gunn
        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 5, 2011
          On mine, USB worked for 1.5 QSOs and just stopped all the sudden in the
          middle of the second one. I spent an hour trying all kinds of settings and
          volume adjustments on the computer, but nothing worked again. When I tried
          to transmit, the rig started to transmit, but didn't transmit any audio.
          When I finally got frustrated and hit the desk, I noticed the power needle
          jumped. Then I realized that the SignaLink was keying the transmitter, but
          the FT897 was taking audio from the mic.

          After searching around in this group, I found something about the PSK
          setting, then I read the manual and followed the instructions they said for
          setting up for PSK, which involved setting DIGI mode to PSK. After I did
          that, the SignaLink has worked perfectly for me ever since.

          Brian
          KB0DLT