FC-30 tuner

  • Gerald Caparas
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 8, 2011
      Hi,

      Good day fellow hams!

      I just wanted to know if anyone tried to use the yaesu FC-30 to a different
      radio brand?

      Any answer will be very much appreciated

      73

      Gerald A65CB aka DU1AZ

    • joe markey
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 8, 2011
        GE Gerald,
        I have not personally done so but I would not recommend it.  Plus, if you are tuning anything over 3:1 you'd be wasting your time with it and for the money you would spend on the FC30, you could put towards a much better tuner which tunes up to 10:1.  If you are sold on trying it I wish you the best!
        '
        73,

        Joe Markey, AJ4QM
        President, Grand Strand Amateur Radio Club, W4GS
        Horry County ARES/RACES Assistant EC
        SCHEART-RRT & Horry County SKYWARN Spotter
        Volunteer Examiner, ARRLVEC

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 8, 2011
          Hi Joe,

          Thanks in a million…

          Actually I am trying to sell the tuner. The 3:1 tuning is the reason why I’m selling it. I don’t know if he will buy it or maybe it will be included as my collectible items in my ham shack. Just the buyer asked me if he can use the tuner in any brand.

          Thanks agn

          73

          Gerald A65CB aka DU1AZ

            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 9, 2011
              Thanks Joe

              I bought an MFJ-904 travel tuner and it works nice with my buddipole antenna. The QSL card was designed by my QSL manager. Congrats for the contacts. I’m looking forward for our QSO.

              By the way I do some 360 panorama photography. The link below is the picture of my very small ham shack

              http://www.360cities.net/image/quadruplets#-671.91,28.70,110.0

              Tnx agn

              73

              Gerald A65CB aka DU1AZ