LDG FT Meter

  • oceanbiz01
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 1, 2011
      Does anyone know the milliamp rating of the FT meter movement?
      I am thinking of making my own FT meter using junk box parts?
      Maybe a schematic?
      Dan K3ZXL
    • Ted Wrobel
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 1, 2011
        The output of the external meter connector is one milliamp full scale

        Of course anything less can be used with a proper resistor.

        I used a 500 microamp mter with good results

        Several meter face graphics are available over the web

        73
        Ted
        W1GRI

        _____

        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 1, 2011
          This site has some good advice and some images for the meter face:
          http://www.mds975.co.uk/Content/amateur_radio_projects.html#FT-Meter

          Ian 2E0ZQR

          --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, "oceanbiz01" <dan-schaaf@...> wrote:

          > Does anyone know the milliamp rating of the FT meter movement?
          > I am thinking of making my own FT meter using junk box parts?
          > Maybe a schematic?
          > Dan K3ZXL

        • Dan Schaaf
          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 1, 2011
            Ian

            That is good website.
            Thanks

            Dan Schaaf

            ==================================
            K3ZXL www.k3zxl.com
            Cape Cod Instruments www.gnm-inc.com
            NOBSKA www.nobska.net
            ==================================

            This site has some good advice and some images for the meter face:
            http://www.mds975.co.uk/Content/amateur_radio_projects.html#FT-Meter

            Ian 2E0ZQR

            --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, "oceanbiz01" <dan-schaaf@...> wrote:

            > Does anyone know the milliamp rating of the FT meter movement?
            > I am thinking of making my own FT meter using junk box parts?
            > Maybe a schematic?
            > Dan K3ZXL

          • Sam Spiteri
            Message 5 of 13 , Jan 14, 2012
              Hi All,

              Someone said, "If you plan to use the FT-897 as a desk rig, purchase one of
              the LDG external meters for it. You can set the external and internal meter
              to display separate functions, and once you get used to using the external
              display, you won't want to be without it".

              However, I can't find a way to do so. What am I missing?

              Sam Spiteri

              KD8QES

              All politicians should be limited to two terms. One in office and one in
              JAIL.

              Message 6 of 13 , Jan 14, 2012
                Sam, you plug the meter into the jack on the lower front apron. Looking at mine from the front it's between the main tuning knob and the AF/Sq knob on the bottom. You then set what you want it to display with mem locations #60 for rec and #61 for xmt. For the on board meter Function menu MFi lets you select the xmt function for the display meter. S meter on rec.

                73

                de Curt KC8STE/AAR5VR

                Message 7 of 13 , Jan 14, 2012
                  Thanks Curt! I got it, now.