RE: [FT897] Re: I need some with noise reduction settings

  • Hank Lambert
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 29, 2011
      The bands have been extra noisy lately.

      73,

      Hank Lambert

      KB4MTO/TA5ZC

      hank@...

      kb4mto@...

      www.hanklambert.com

      PGP Key: 0x96D33D71

      From: FT897@yahoogroups.com [mailto:FT897@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
      Vince
      Sent: Wednesday, June 29, 2011 1:20 PM
      To: FT897@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [FT897] Re: I need some with noise reduction settings

      Thanks Dave, that helped allot. The bands have been extra noisy it seems.
      Even out in the country where there is less electrical interference qrm is
      still s4 to s6. I think this will get me by until I get that W4RT digital
      DSP I've been wanting. I had one on my 817 and it was great. Thanks again
      Dave your suggested setting made a BIG difference.

      Vince, KI4HSK

      --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com <mailto:FT897%40yahoogroups.com> , "va2dv"
      <va2dv@...> wrote:

      > Menu no 15 : +150 Hz
      > Menu no 17 : -150 Hz
      > Menu no 46 : 100 Hz
      > Menu no 47 : 2450 Hz
      > Menu no 49 : 12 (noise reduction)
      > AGC to slow
      > In DSP row , DNR , DNF and DBF all engaged
      > And IPO turn on.
      >
      > Does the trick for me.
      > One of my friend could not believe we had the same rig.
      >
      > I am also using an external speaker.
      >
      > Good luck.
      >
      > Dave VA2DV

    • danny488
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 1, 2011
        --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, "Vince" <bigv316@...> wrote:

        > When I first got my 897 the guy I bought from had it set up perfectly. You could pull in weak stations but static and other noise were filtered out. Since then I had some issues and had to perform a hard reset but I never wrote down the original settings. Right now the noise is so harsh that it is hurting my ears. Can you guys give me a starting point set up that I could work off of? I haven't been on the air with this rig that much and would really like to get this settled down. Also I operate mobile with an Alpine screwdriver antenna. Thanks in advance.

        I also have the ATT on it cuts a lot of noise and doesnt weaken the voice much.especally on 60 meters...73..Danny..KF5BQX..