Re: [FT897] Looking for FC-30 and FP-30

  • Patrick
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 5, 2011
      I would highly recommend the LDG AT-897 PLUS. KI8UM

      On Sun, Jun 5, 2011 at 6:39 AM, Carl Wulfestieg <ag4ls@...> wrote:

      > Dave- You may be making a mistake looking for an FC-30 tuner- Many people
      > have complained about its ability to tune- Good Luck- 73 Carl WZ4CW

    • Dan Schaaf
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 5, 2011
        I use the 897 Plus and it matches 10:1 SWR great for portable antennas where
        you don't know if your SWR is same from one QTH to the next.

        Dan Schaaf

        ==================================
        K3ZXL www.k3zxl.com
        Cape Cod Instruments www.gnm-inc.com
        NOBSKA www.nobska.net
        ==================================

        >I would highly recommend the LDG AT-897 PLUS. KI8UM
        >
        > On Sun, Jun 5, 2011 at 6:39 AM, Carl Wulfestieg <ag4ls@...> wrote:
        >

        >> Dave- You may be making a mistake looking for an FC-30 tuner- Many people
        >> have complained about its ability to tune- Good Luck- 73 Carl WZ4CW

      • phoenix_wolf_ca
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 6, 2011
          Yes the AT-897 Plus by LDG is and excellent tuner. I have it and swear by it. As for the FC-30 google search reviews especiall by ham.net, there are many problems with it.

          --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, Patrick <milw156@...> wrote:

          > I would highly recommend the LDG AT-897 PLUS. KI8UM
          >
          > On Sun, Jun 5, 2011 at 6:39 AM, Carl Wulfestieg <ag4ls@...> wrote:
          >

          > > Dave- You may be making a mistake looking for an FC-30 tuner- Many people
          > > have complained about its ability to tune- Good Luck- 73 Carl WZ4CW

        • tim foster
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 14, 2011
            You cannot not transmit with a SWSR of 10:1.
            DID YOU MEAN TO SAY 1:1 ?
            KJ4SJZ
            Tim

            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 14, 2011
              Tim

              The LDG AT-897 Plus will match a load up to 10:1 SWR.
              If the load were 1:1 I would not need a tuner.

              Dan Schaaf