Re: [FT897] Re: Wiring a Astatic D-104 Mic to the FT-897D

  • B Young
    Message 1 of 9 , May 31, 2011
      Just to clarify, I am using the D104 (amplified version) via a mixer through
      a PC sound card and a Signal Link USB. I have received mixed signal
      reports. The D104 seems to work better keyed and triggering the Signal Link
      PTT via VOX. I am still tweaking and making adjustments. I had one report
      of sounding like I was speaking in an auditorium. One report from a D104
      owner said it sounded sharper than he expected a D104 to sound. So the jury
      is still out.

      Again, I have the amplified D104.

      73 Barry K9BAY