Re: [FT897] Re: FT-897 Data Sheet from Dayton

  • Simon Brown
    Message 1 of 6 , May 19, 2002
      Hi Barry,

      Thanks for the info - this would then be an option for me, I'm not into
      SSB - just CW and PSK31. But if the FT-1000 Field can be had for around this
      price then I have a dilemma. With luck there will be a FT-897 at the
      Friedrichshafen meeting, so I'll see for myself how heavy it is, and how
      realistic it would be for backpacking. If it is too heavy (and I have to
      climb up 1,500ft to get to my first portable site) then I would get a
      FT-1000 Field for the office / car (I can drive to some lovely sites as
      well).

      Simon Brown
      -.-. --.-
      Casa Bergenia, 7031 Laax, Switzerland
      http://www.hb9drv.ch

      Message 2 of 6 , May 20, 2002

        Message 3 of 6 , May 20, 2002
          Simon,

          As I recall, the weight without batteries for the 897 is about 1.5
          kg. Batteries (2 packs) have unknown weight. You can estimate it by
          the weight of 4/3 C celss (my guess of what they are using).

          73 de Barry - W4WB

          --- In FT897@y..., "Simon Brown" <simon.brown@k...> wrote:
          > Hi Barry,
          >
          > Thanks for the info - this would then be an option for me, I'm not
          into
          > SSB - just CW and PSK31. But if the FT-1000 Field can be had for
          around this
          > price then I have a dilemma. With luck there will be a FT-897 at the
          > Friedrichshafen meeting, so I'll see for myself how heavy it is,
          and how
          > realistic it would be for backpacking. If it is too heavy (and I
          have to
          > climb up 1,500ft to get to my first portable site) then I would get
          > FT-1000 Field for the office / car (I can drive to some lovely
          sites as
          > well).
          >
          > Simon Brown
        • Simon Brown
          Message 4 of 6 , May 20, 2002
            Hi,

            Thanks - I just hope you are wrong about the price estimate. If you come
            across a list of CAT commands anytime please let me know - were I to buy one
            of these rigs then the FT-897 Commander would no doubt be created. If ever
            you are in contact with anyone high up in Yaesu please give them a good
            kicking and tell them that it's from me because I can't read or set the I/F
            Shift on the FT-817 (and I assume FT-897).

            1.5Kg would be fine for me.

            Cheers,

            Simon Brown
            -.-. --.-