Re: Band switxh

  • colin.bell99
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 3, 2011
      Ray,

      The FT897 has a 'floating' (non ham) band. You won't get rid of it but what you do is choose a fq that is not in your way particularly and set the rig to that. The fq will now appear between whatever bands you chose.

      I have mine at 30mhz+ so it comes between the switch from 6m to 10m. I tried below 160 but found I kept moving it to 10+ anyway. If I listen around 8mhz I move it up to 30mhz when I have finished.

      73 de Colin 2E0BPP