Re: other tuners

  • w
    Message 1 of 42 , Jul 4, 2003
      Hi,

      I'm using it with an AT-50 tuner in semiatomatic mode and works
      really great, Only problem is to change to AM or FM and decrease
      power to 10 watts, to tune. I'm looking for for other possibilities
      with an OTT to activate the auomatic mode but in my opinion (I've a
      FC-30 also)the AT-50 is one of the best solutions for this rig.

      In FT897@yahoogroups.com, darren <darrendude1000@y...> wrote:
> [...]
      > --
      > SAME PROBLEM HERE....BLEW CAT FUSE AFTER A COUPLE HOURS USE.
      > OTT/AT-897 ONLY..NO CT-62
      > DO NOT KNOW CONDITION OF OTT OR TUNER YET
      > THAT FUSE (ONCE I CAN FIND ONE) LOOKS LIKE A REAL PAIN TO REPLACE
      > GOING TO RETURN THE OTT....LOOKS LIKE JUST TO MUCH TROUBLE
      >
      > BILL ...WA8BDA
      >
      > - In FT897@yahoogroups.com, Ed Thierbach <ethierba@u...> wrote:
      > > <troubleshooting mode>
      > > OK, so the following combinations have reported failures here:
      > >
      > > CT62/OTT/AT-897 (several)
      > > CT62/OTT/AT-11MP (one)
      > > just OTT/AT-897, no CT62 (one, me)
      > >
      > > Also, in at least Larry's case and mine, the OTT was found dead
      > after
      > > the failure.
      > >
      > > That would, on first glance, cause me to look closely at the OTT,
      > since
      > > it's the common component (other than the radio) in this limited
      > data
      > > set.
      > >
      > > Maybe a little more data collection is needed:
      > >
      > > 1) Anyone on the list had (or know of) a failure of a CT-62
      and/or
      > > blown CAT port fuse without the OTT in the loop?
      > >
      > > 2) For those of us that have had failures, in what order did you
      > > connect the CAT port equipment? I'm wondering if this can help
      us
      > > determine what component might have shorted out. Mine was hooked
      > up
      > > this way:
      > >
      > > radio -> OTT -> AT-897
      > >
      > > and resulted in a blown CAT fuse and blown OTT. LDG checked both
      > the
      > > tuner and the jumper cable between the tuner and the OTT and
      found
      > them
      > > good.
      > >
      > > </troubleshooting mode>
      > > <speculation mode>
      > >
      > > I wonder if one of the OTT's cables is sensitive to bending,
      > > particularly the one with the female connector...given the fairly
      > short
      > > length of the cables, I could imagine having to bend them pretty
      > well
      > > to mount the OTT in a convenient place. (I wasn't hard on mine
      at
      > all,
      > > but the cables weren't perfectly straight, either.) Mine is back
      > at
      > > W4RT, so I can't take it apart and check for shorts in the cables
      > or
      > > connectors.
      > >
      > > </speculation mode>
      > > <paranoia mode>
      > >
      > > I doubt that I will connect the OTT to my radio for a while...at
      > least
      > > until after Field Day. No offense to the good folks at W4RT; I
      > just
      > > need a working CAT port for FD, and I can't see or solder well
      > enough
      > > to replace an SMT fuse if it blows again.

      Service.

      > ..DARREN...
      >
      > AUSTRAILIA
      >
      > VICTORIA