RE: [FT897] PK-232MBX muting FT-897D audio

  • b j
    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 21, 2010
      check the menu setting for packet setting and if you are doing 1200 baud make sure you don't have the rig set for 9600 de ve3blm

      Message 2 of 15 , Dec 6, 2010
        Hank,

        I'm not familiar with PacLink. I think you are on HF, but I can't say for sure.

        If it is FM, I believe 60 would be too high for your data gain. You can't overdeviate and expect it to work too well. Perhaps the same problem exists with sideband.

        I would try reducing the gain to about 35 or 40 and try again. If you have a receiver you can use to hear yourself, it would help immensely. Of course, a portable receiver would help to see if you were putting any modulation out at all.

        73, Randy N7CKJ

        --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, "Hank" <hank@...> wrote:

        > The problem was definitely the cable. The new cable works and doesn't cause unusual problems.
        >
        > I am now having problems connecting though. The PK-232MBX keys the radio, and it tries to connect (using paclink for WL2K), but then disconnects and says "Retry Count Exceeded". I am using the data port, not using digital vox, and have the digital gain set to 60. Do these settings sound right for packet through a PK-232MBX?
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Hank Lambert
        > KB4MTO/TA5ZC

      • Hank Lambert
        Message 3 of 15 , Dec 6, 2010
          Thanks for the reply. I have it mostly working right now. I bought a
          pre-made data cable from Buxcom and it is now controlling the FT-897D. I
          still need to adjust the deviation and I think I will be in good shape.

          73,

          Hank Lambert

          KB4MTO/TA5ZC

          hank@...

          kb4mto@...

          www.hanklambert.com

          PGP Key: 0x96D33D71

          Message 4 of 15 , Dec 6, 2010
            Thanks Randy. I dropped the gain down from 70 to 50, and can now connect to
            the more distant nodes. So I am going to do more adjustments this week one
            night and get it set just right. Obviously I am over-driving it.

            73,

            Hank Lambert

            KB4MTO/TA5ZC

            hank@...