Re: LDG AT-897 versus the 'plus'

  • klokkenman
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 1, 2010
      I thought the repairing of my AT-897 non plus tuner was successfully, and mostly it operates just fine.
      Strange enough my rig does not transmit with this tuner connected in the range of 28Mhz.
      I key the tuner to tune, and it uses a stored setting. I thought that maybe a relay in this setting would, again, not respond correctly, and gives an open line in the RF circuit.
      Using a vertical and a dipole it doesn't seem logical that both antennas are using the same settings.
      The rig is responding the same at both, the vertical and the dipole.
      I forced the tuner to search for new combinations, and kept it keyed for a few seconds. After this reset the rig functions fine. But sometimes it will happens again. Is it an inbuilt protection in case the tuner fails tuning within specifications?
      A local HAM operator did provide me the manual of the non plus version, but I can't find any information about this. The same happens at 50Mhz.
      Is anyone having the same problems?

      Rob