Re: Heil GM-5 and mic gain on the 897

  • KEN
    Message 1 of 6 , May 3, 2010
      I agree for SSB but on FM (repeaters & simplex) I got the best results for FM mic gain at 40 and my GM 5 is on the PRO/Wide.

      --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, "nr3r15" <nr3r15@...> wrote:

      > --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, "Sean" <kamaaina1@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Heil GM-5 and mic gain on the 897
      > > What settings are you all using with this combination?
      > > Sean W7TRD
      >

      > I used to put my gain up to 85. I wondered the same thing so I emailed Bob Heil and they told me that the default settings are fine, so I put it back to 50. Workd fine, there was no difference between 85 and 50 from the reports I got.
      >
      > Larry / nr3r

    • Jerry Lefever
      Message 2 of 6 , May 5, 2010
        Larry
        What are your other settings on the 897 for SSB? ie Processor level etc.

        Jerry

        > > Sean W7TRD
        >
        > I used to put my gain up to 85. I wondered the same thing so I emailed Bob
        > Heil and they told me that the default settings are fine, so I put it back
        > to 50. Workd fine, there was no difference between 85 and 50 from the
        > reports I got.
        >
        > Larry / nr3r

      • brian love
        Message 3 of 6 , May 5, 2010
          i like to run my 897d on 60 and no Processor that's with my hm-10 with the hc-5 never ran the hc-4
          73's kc9kuh

          ________________________________
          What are your other settings on the 897 for SSB? ie Processor level etc.

          Jerry

          > > Sean W7TRD
          >
          > I used to put my gain up to 85. I wondered the same thing so I emailed Bob
          > Heil and they told me that the default settings are fine, so I put it back
          > to 50. Workd fine, there was no difference between 85 and 50 from the
          > reports I got.
          >
          > Larry / nr3r

        • nr3r15
          Message 4 of 6 , May 6, 2010
            --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, Jerry Lefever <jerrylefever@...> wrote:

            > Larry
            > What are your other settings on the 897 for SSB? ie Processor level etc.
            >
            > Jerry

            My 897 is set to all the default settings, just like it came out of the box. I changed nothing at all and get good reports.

            Larry / nr3r