Re: Heil GM-5 and mic gain on the 897

  • nr3r15
    Message 1 of 6 , May 1, 2010
      --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, "Sean" <kamaaina1@...> wrote:

      > Heil GM-5 and mic gain on the 897
      > What settings are you all using with this combination?
      > Sean W7TRD

      I used to put my gain up to 85. I wondered the same thing so I emailed Bob Heil and they told me that the default settings are fine, so I put it back to 50. Workd fine, there was no difference between 85 and 50 from the reports I got.

      Larry / nr3r
    • KEN
      Message 2 of 6 , May 3, 2010
        I agree for SSB but on FM (repeaters & simplex) I got the best results for FM mic gain at 40 and my GM 5 is on the PRO/Wide.

        --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, "nr3r15" <nr3r15@...> wrote:

        > --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, "Sean" <kamaaina1@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Heil GM-5 and mic gain on the 897
        > > What settings are you all using with this combination?
        > > Sean W7TRD
        >

        > I used to put my gain up to 85. I wondered the same thing so I emailed Bob Heil and they told me that the default settings are fine, so I put it back to 50. Workd fine, there was no difference between 85 and 50 from the reports I got.
        >
        > Larry / nr3r

      • Jerry Lefever
        Message 3 of 6 , May 5, 2010
          Larry
          What are your other settings on the 897 for SSB? ie Processor level etc.

          Jerry

          > > Sean W7TRD
          >
          > I used to put my gain up to 85. I wondered the same thing so I emailed Bob
          > Heil and they told me that the default settings are fine, so I put it back
          > to 50. Workd fine, there was no difference between 85 and 50 from the
          > reports I got.
          >
          > Larry / nr3r

        • brian love
          Message 4 of 6 , May 5, 2010
            i like to run my 897d on 60 and no Processor that's with my hm-10 with the hc-5 never ran the hc-4
            73's kc9kuh

            ________________________________
            What are your other settings on the 897 for SSB? ie Processor level etc.

            Jerry

            > > Sean W7TRD
            >
            > I used to put my gain up to 85. I wondered the same thing so I emailed Bob
            > Heil and they told me that the default settings are fine, so I put it back
            > to 50. Workd fine, there was no difference between 85 and 50 from the
            > reports I got.
            >
            > Larry / nr3r

          • nr3r15
            Message 5 of 6 , May 6, 2010
              --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, Jerry Lefever <jerrylefever@...> wrote:

              > Larry
              > What are your other settings on the 897 for SSB? ie Processor level etc.
              >
              > Jerry

              My 897 is set to all the default settings, just like it came out of the box. I changed nothing at all and get good reports.

              Larry / nr3r