CAT CONTROL VERSUS BEEP TONE

  • ap2dkh
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2010
      Dear ALL,
      As I mentioned in my previous requests that the 897 does not communicate with the computer.I have got a clue that the beep tone which comes while changing mode,band etc becomes distorted i.e it is not clear as it should be.As long as the beep tone is distorted the FT897 does not communicate with the computer. Some time after reseting the radio the tone becomes clear and at the same time it starts communicating with computer. Some time it does not become clear after many times reseting and even after master reseting.
      However if the beep tone is clear the radio communicate with the computer and if distorted then no communication with computer.
      Please guide and help me in diagnosing the fault.
      Regards Dr.Khalid de AP2DKH
    • Hussain
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 3, 2010
        Dar AP2DKH,
        it is very strange,
        very hard to find out the exect poit where the any component changes its value, you need a very sufesticated equiped Lab to repare this Tranceiver.
        i sugest not to operate with out reparing or replacing the pcb.

        GL.
        ap2gh