Re: [FT897] cw with hand mic

  • Louis Perley
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 6, 2010
      Without having the manual handy, if memory serves, there is a menu, though I don't recall which one, that you switch from KEY to MIC. This allows you to use the up and down buttons on the microphone for the dots and dashes. I used if for a short time until I bought my first key.

      -Louis, KC0VJE

      On Feb 6, 2010, at 7:57 AM, bragucci wrote:

      > When I purchased my 897 back in August I remember the AES sales person telling me I could use the hand mic to send cw. He mentioned using the up/dwn buttons on the mic to send code? Anyone ever heard of this?
      > Also, as I write this I am listening to 40m SSB. The AGC is off, I'm showing a noise level of s3. I turn on AGC and the noise jumps to s8. I just changed to 20m, AGC is off and the noise is at s4, I turn on the AGC and it stays at s4. Why the difference?
      >
      > Thx
      > Bart

    • Dan Schaaf
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 6, 2010