MFJ-993B & HRD

  • Risk
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2010
      Hi guys,

      After some pain staking fault finding with the MFJ-949E. I discovered the issue with the Tuner. Which a couple of people here managed to help me out with. Also I located the source of the beeping I had, which is also attributable to the MFJ-949E.

      Okay so I am about to return the 949 to the shop where I got it. The owner has agreed to take it, and let me upgrade if I want as he has no others in stock.

      Fair enough. Now having a Signalink USB and a Cat Cable to the Computer so I can operate the radio via HRD, I am now wondering what to do if I get an MFJ-993B and its associated Yaesu Cable.

      Is there some way I am going to be able to still utilise the radio, the tuner, and the computer all at once, or am I going to need to get some kind of interface and keeping in mind picking up a linear is not too far away either, so I am going to need to take careful consideration of this upgrade if I choose to do it.

      Cheers and I hope you have all had a good New Years turnover.

      Jason
      VK2WAR