Re: [FT897] Wanted Dead FNB-78

  • Lew Phelps K6LMP
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 5, 2009
      Guys, check out Universal Radio's page on mike plugs and jacks at :

      http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/parts/micconn.html

      Item 1834, the 6 pin Mic Jack, sure looks like the same thing as Yaesu uses on the battery, and the associated 6 pin mike plug looks just like the plug on the charger. You'd have to take measurements to be sure, or just order one for $3.99 and see if it will fit.

      Lew K6LMP

      On Dec 5, 2009, at 7:16 AM, Phil wrote:

      > I too have been looking for those connectors. I can't find a usable part
      > number to order the connectors. I am making a homebrew battery pack for the
      > FT-897. So any help on locating the mating connectors would be appreciated.
      >
      > K3FOD
      > Phil

    • Richard Corfield
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 5, 2009
        This is presumably the battery charger. Does anyone know the pin-out for it?
        I already own a NiMH charger for that battery voltage and capacity - but it
        has only 2 pins.

        Thanks
        - Richard

        2009/12/5 Lew Phelps K6LMP <k6lmp@...>

        > Guys, check out Universal Radio's page on mike plugs and jacks at :
        >
        > http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/parts/micconn.html
        >
        > Item 1834, the 6 pin Mic Jack, sure looks like the same thing as Yaesu uses
        > on the battery, and the associated 6 pin mike plug looks just like the plug
        > on the charger. You'd have to take measurements to be sure, or just order
        > one for $3.99 and see if it will fit.

      • n4tzhradio
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 5, 2009
          I am looking for the 3 pin Molex type connector.

          Thanks,
          Don - N4TZH