Hi all new here & just got my 897

  • alistair
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 4, 2009
      Hi all name is Ali ime in lincolnshire uk,Just got my 897 today n love it to bits,great radio... what are the exact rx/tx range of a 897 before and after widebanding please,any advice on best atu on a budget.and any you definatly need to get this done ect thanks 73's
    • Larry D. Barr, K5WLF
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 8, 2009
        I'm using an LDG AT-897 tuner and love it. 10:1 tuning range and bolts
        to the side of the radio. Can't beat it.

        73,
        ldb
        K5WLF

        alistair wrote:
        > Hi all name is Ali ime in lincolnshire uk,Just got my 897 today n
        > love it to bits,great radio... what are the exact rx/tx range of a
        > 897 before and after widebanding please,any advice on best atu on a
        > budget.and any you definatly need to get this done ect thanks 73's
      • john burke
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 8, 2009
          Hi

          Yea I got the bolt on tuner from Yaesu for my 897 and I regret it.

          it only tunes up to 2.5 SWR, also it takes up the cat port .  I understand the tuner you got has a cat pass through so there is still a cat port available when it is being used.

          Good job!

          John
          KF7DMZ