Re: [FT897] CAT

  • James Brown
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 4, 2009
      I have the same problem and have noted that the range counter is screaming thru its numbers when this happens. I dont know the fix yet but I end up shutting down the software and using a different program. It seems to be random. I hope someone knows the answer!

      Jim KI6WJ

      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 5, 2009
        It's a function of baud rate as HRD polls the radio.
        You won't hear the noise if you have set the 897 and HRD to 9600 baud or less.

        Bill W1WAB

        --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, SQ9MLL Art <rc021@...> wrote:

        > I have the same effect :(
        > rgds
        > Arthur SQ9MLL
        > Loc: JO 90 OJ
        > Dnia 2 września 2009 8:54 "paulbutler.melbourne" butlerpa@... napisał(a):
        >  Hi, all.
        > I've just got a Yaesu CAT cable for my FT-897. Using Ham Radio Deluxe, the software finds the radio OK and takes control. But I'm getting a noise on the audio which swamps the signals (from satellites, so fairly weak). It sounds like it's chopping the audio about twice a second. When I untick the RX box on the Satellite page of HRD, the noise goes away.
        > Any ideas, anyone?
        > 73
        > Paul VK3DBP
        > Melbourne
        >
        > --
        > 161 RC 021 Art
        > www.Arthur.RedEye.dk

      • kav246
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 21, 2009
          Hello

          I seem to remember previous posts about noise from HRD suggested that lowering the baud rate reduced it to a well useable level. It might be worth trying if your not already on the deck!

          Regards
        • w2evu
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 2, 2012
            I have my FT-897D connected to my computer with a Yaesu RTS-09 interface cable. I have lost computer control with Flrig. It was good before. The SM fuse F1001 is still good. Does anyone have any suggestions.
          • Michael Lavoie
            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 2, 2012
              I know this might sound stupid but have you Checked Menu No. 020
              CAT/LIN/TUN and is set to CAT.

              73 N1AMD Mike

              On Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 3:58 PM, w2evu <barramunda@...> wrote:

              > **
              >

              > I have my FT-897D connected to my computer with a Yaesu RTS-09 interface
              > cable. I have lost computer control with Flrig. It was good before. The SM
              > fuse F1001 is still good. Does anyone have any suggestions.

              --
              73, Michael Lavoie, N1AMD Strafford County ARES Member.

              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 3, 2012
                Yes it is. Not a stupid question. I didn't think of that so I checked.

                Walt W2EVU

                Walter J. Stauffer
                7532 North Ontario St.
                Sodus Point, NY 14555