Re: [FT897] Paddles and Canned Messages (FINAL)

  • Noel Zeibari
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 3, 2009
      Tom,

      Monday morning around 9:00am, tackled the project following your detailed instructions on how to (FIX) operate with the paddles and the CW interface. The work around was very successful. Now I am able to send canned messages F1 thru F12, and use the paddles when needed without pushing the buttons on [KYR] or [BK].

      For others who are interested, I stripped the DATA cable about 2 inches midway between the radio and the SignaLink and soldered the CW interface signal to the RED wire, which is the PTT, and ground wire to the BROWN wire, which is GND.

      The only observation I like to add, is looking at DATA Jack in the back of the transmitter, PTT is at 3:00 o'clock and the wire color is red. The Ground is located 7:00 o'clock and the color is brown.

      Thanks again Tom, have a good day, and a better one tomorrow.

      73, Noel (OM) N3NZ

    • Thomas Wilson
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 3, 2009
        Glad I could be of help. :-)

        On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 8:44 AM, Noel Zeibari<n3nz@...> wrote:

        > Tom,
        >
        > Monday morning around 9:00am, tackled the project following your detailed
        > instructions on how to (FIX) operate with the paddles and the CW interface.
        > The work around was very successful. Now I am able to send canned messages
        > F1 thru F12, and use the paddles when needed without pushing the buttons on
        > [KYR] or [BK].
        >
        > For others who are interested, I stripped the DATA cable about 2 inches
        > midway between the radio and the SignaLink and soldered the CW interface
        > signal to the RED wire, which is the PTT, and ground wire to the BROWN wire,
        > which is GND.
        >
        > The only observation I like to add, is looking at DATA Jack in the back of
        > the transmitter, PTT is at 3:00 o'clock and the wire color is red. The
        > Ground is located 7:00 o'clock and the color is brown.
        >
        > Thanks again Tom, have a good day, and a better one tomorrow.
        >
        > 73, Noel (OM) N3NZ

        Tom Wilson
        wilsontp@...
        (619)342-1391