Re: AT-897 Tuner with one touch not working

  • Hussain (F)
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 1, 2009
      Thanks Jim for a nice tip.
      I have checked it again now the DIN on both side is ok.
      further i tried to on the radio with out DIN and attached ACC/OTT cable.
      it give me same response,like Rig went in to xmit mode when i push
      the cable in female of ACC while it was on.
      Again i switch off the radio, inserted the pin of OTT cable in the ACC port of radio.
      switch on the radio, radio does not go in xmit mode , PTT not working.

      i think, problem is in this OTT cable or in the radio ACC or OTT of tuner port.

      73s
      ap2gh / Hussain

      --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, "JAMES AMBURN" <james.amburn@...> wrote:

      > Make sure that you don't have a bent pin on one of the mini din connectors.
      >
      > Jim
      > N0TUI

    • JAMES AMBURN
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 1, 2009
        Check out menu #26 on page 57 of the manual. That will give you an option to test part of the transmitter if you do not have a code key. The only other option I know of is a full reset. Make sure you record all memory information before the reset so you can reprogram the radio. There is no assurance that a full reset will help, if you have to send it to Yaesu for repair they will do a full reset and at lest you will have all of your setting so you can have an easer time reprogramming after repair.
        Good Luck and 73s

        Jim N0TUI

        --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com<mailto:FT897%40yahoogroups.com>, "JAMES AMBURN" <james.amburn@...> wrote:

        > Make sure that you don't have a bent pin on one of the mini din connectors.
        >
        > Jim
        > N0TUI

      • Hussain (F)
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 4, 2009
          Hello Dear Jim

          Sorry for late replying, it was due to absent from the home qth.

          Thanks a lot for the helping me to eradicate the tuning problm
          of my FT897
          I have checked the menu # 26 , there tow options eleckey and mickey. i ahve selected eleckey, there is no efect with both options.

          So for the parts testing is concern with menu # 26 , i have not the code.to test the aprts.

          I did full reset the transceiver , there is no efect.

          Further, i oserved that the transciever immediatly goes to tx mode when i insert the pin into
          the ACC port if the tranceiver is on. and do not goes to tx mode if inserted off position.

          waiting for