Re: [FT897] Power cord/connector for FT-897

  • Lou Roux
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 31, 2009
      Hi Jack,

      Check on e-Bay, there are many power cables offered for the 897 and
      they're inexpensive.

      GL es 73,

      Lou - W6UR

      Jack Hamm wrote:
      > Hi all,
      > I haven't seen this while searching the group history so I figured I'd
      > ask. I carry my 897 between the car and house and I'm tired of taking
      > the DC cord with me. Does anyone know where and what power cord I
      > should get -or- alternatively, what type of connector does it use and
      > do I need a special crimp tool?
      >
      > Best 73s,
      > Jack WA1CFS

    • Dennis Willson
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 1, 2009
        I went to my local HRO and they had them in stock

        On Tue, 31 Mar 2009 14:52:44 -0400
        Jack Hamm <jjhamm@...> wrote:
        >Hi all,
        >I haven't seen this while searching the group history so I figured
        >I'd
        >ask. I carry my 897 between the car and house and I'm tired of
        >taking
        >the DC cord with me. Does anyone know where and what power cord I
        >should get -or- alternatively, what type of connector does it use and
        >do I need a special crimp tool?
        >
        >Best 73s,
        >Jack WA1CFS

        Dennis Willson

        taz@...
        http://www.taz-mania.com

        Ham (Extra Class w/code): KA6LSW
        GMRS : WQGF680
        Scuba: Rescue Diver, EANx, Wreck, Night, Alt,
        Equip, UW Photographer, Gas Blender

        Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of
        arriving safely in a nice looking and well preserved body, but rather
        to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly
        proclaiming, "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!"