FT-897 similiar to FT-817

  • livecam.rm
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 14, 2002
      It appears from the specs which are almost identical that the 897 is
      actually an FT-817 with a high power PA and a larger case that
      accepts several internal and bolt on accessories. The display on the
      897 also appears to be slightly larger but other than that internally
      they appear to be the same radio. I was entertaining the thought of
      getting the 897 but I can do the same with my 817 and an external PA
      if needed at reduced cost. The 897 is still an interesting concept
      but probably less so to FT-817 owners.

      73,

      Jeff K6TLA
    • Woodrick, Ed
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 14, 2002
        Unless you decide that you don't want a lot of pieces hanging around
        with wires to break and short.

        You're right, the 897 bundles all of the stuff into one nice package.

        Posted At: Saturday, September 14, 2002 4:44 PM
        Posted To: Mail-Lists.FT-817
        Conversation: [FT897] FT-897 similiar to FT-817
        Subject: [FT897] FT-897 similiar to FT-817

        It appears from the specs which are almost identical that the
        897 is
        actually an FT-817 with a high power PA and a larger case that
        accepts several internal and bolt on accessories. The display
        on the
        897 also appears to be slightly larger but other than that
        internally
        they appear to be the same radio. I was entertaining the
        thought of
        getting the 897 but I can do the same with my 817 and an
        external PA
        if needed at reduced cost. The 897 is still an interesting
        concept
        but probably less so to FT-817 owners.

        73,

        Jeff K6TLA

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=233351.2287381.3722242.2225242/D=egroupweb/S=1705
        063108:HM/A=1213956/R=0/*http://www.gotomypc.com/u/tr/yh/grp/300_Cquo1/g
        22lp?Target=mm/g22lp.tmpl>

        <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=233351.2287381.3722242.2225242/D=egrou
        pmail/S=:HM/A=1213956/rand=121382420>

      • kb1flr
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 14, 2002
          Th 897 does have DSP, which I really miss in my 817.

          73 de KB1FLR, Rick
        • koch_woche
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 15, 2002
            --- In FT897@y..., "Woodrick, Ed" <Mail-Lists.FT-817@e...> wrote:
            > Unless you decide that you don't want a lot of pieces hanging around
            > with wires to break and short.
            >
            > You're right, the 897 bundles all of the stuff into one nice
            package.

            Alas, that package is pretty huge...
            Chris DL7HCK