Re: [FT897] Finally got my FT-897D today!

  • Duane Fregoe
    Message 1 of 15 , Oct 5, 2008
      I am using the Heil Proset 5 headset, the Heil FS-2 foot switch, and
      the AD1YM headset adaptor for the Yaesu. All works great.

      Duane, K2SI

      On Sat, Oct 4, 2008 at 8:11 PM, Larry D. Barr <k5wlf@...> wrote:
      > Brought it home from Austin Amateur Radio Supply at the Belton (TX) HamExpo.
      >
      > It's programmed (the program's been waiting in the computer for a
      > month), installed on the desk and made its first QSO. Some serious HF
      > time coming up tonight. Sure do like the ergonomics a lot better than
      > the 857 for base use.
      >
      > Is anybody on the group using a footswitch? Any details appreciated.
      >
      > 73,
      > ldb
      > K5WLF

    • Larry D. Barr
      Message 2 of 15 , Oct 5, 2008
        Duane,

        I'm using a Heil Traveler (single side) and they don't make an adapter
        cable corresponding to the AD1YM for it. Looks like I'm gonna have to
        build my own.

        Thanks for the input.

        73,
        ldb
        K5WLF

        Duane Fregoe wrote:
        > I am using the Heil Proset 5 headset, the Heil FS-2 foot switch, and
        > the AD1YM headset adaptor for the Yaesu. All works great.
        >
        > Duane, K2SI
      • scott martin
        Message 3 of 15 , Oct 6, 2008
          I use the Heil Traveler one side headset with the adaptor

          Scott Martin(ki4msj)
          FireFighter/EMT
          US Army MP/CLS

          Duane Fregoe wrote:
          > I am using the Heil Proset 5 headset, the Heil FS-2 foot switch, and
          > the AD1YM headset adaptor for the Yaesu. All works great.
          >
          > Duane, K2SI

        • Larry D. Barr
          Message 4 of 15 , Oct 6, 2008
            From the picture on the website, it didn't look like the AD1YM had the
            right plug to mate with the Traveler SS. Guess I'll have to give it
            another look. Thanks.

            73,
            ldb
            K5WLF

            scott martin wrote:
            > I use the Heil Traveler one side headset with the adaptor
            >

            > Scott Martin(ki4msj)
            > FireFighter/EMT
            > US Army MP/CLS

          • scott martin
            Message 5 of 15 , Oct 6, 2008
              This is the one you need. It comes from the Heil website...HSTA YM: For Yaesu Modular $23

              Scott Martin(ki4msj)
              FireFighter/EMT
              US Army MP/CLS

              scott martin wrote:
              > I use the Heil Traveler one side headset with the adaptor
              >

              > Scott Martin(ki4msj)
              > FireFighter/ EMT
              > US Army MP/CLS

            • Larry D. Barr
              Message 6 of 15 , Oct 6, 2008
                I have that one Scott. It does its job beautifully. I'm trying to find
                an adapter so that I can use a footswitch with my single side Traveler.
                Looks like a homebrew project may be in order.

                Thanks.

                73,
                ldb
                K5WLF