Re: I don't know

  • dazza592
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 30, 2008
      --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, "Rob - G4LMW" <G4LMW@...> wrote:
      it is also worth noting that although the photo in my manual shows a
      mono plug on the hand key it states in little writing that you must
      still use a stereo plug for it to work properly.
      73, darren vk2fdmb

      > Hi Arie
      >
      > The "Junker" needs to be connected to the Key jack at the back of
      the radio. The key should be wired to the tip of the jack plug and
      ground to the shield.

      > Also, make sure that on menu "j" ensure that "BK" is selected
      and "KYR" is not selected

      > Lastly, you will of course need to be in "CW" mode.
      >
      > Look forward to a QSO wid ur Junker !!
      >
      > 73, Rob
      > G4LMW
      > http://www.G4LMW.co.uk

    • Steve Yates
      Message 2 of 4 , May 4, 2008
        --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, "dazza592" <darrenb@...> wrote:

        > --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, "Rob - G4LMW" <G4LMW@> wrote:
        > it is also worth noting that although the photo in my manual shows a
        > mono plug on the hand key it states in little writing that you must
        > still use a stereo plug for it to work properly.
        > 73, darren vk2fdmb

        Hi Darren,

        I had forgotten the statement in the manual (page 11) and I've been
        using a mono plug on my straight key with no problems. I wonder if
        Yaesu made a change in later versions of the radio?

        73,
        Steve - AA5TB