Band selection

  • bobtbobbo
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 25, 2008
      When using the Band up/down buttons, say pressing "up" from 80 meters,
      it goes to 5.000 MHZ. The next press of the "up" button brings up
      5.323.0 MHZ. The next press of "up" brings up 40 meters.The rest of
      the band rotation is correct.

      1). How did I get these two 5 MHZ frequencies into the basic band
      rotation in the first place?

      2). How do I get rid of one (or both) of these 5 MHZ bands?

      This doubling of 5 MHZ bands spots seems to have caused the 15 MHZ
      spot to be lost.

      Thanks. Bob, K1AO
    • Steve Yates
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1, 2008
        Hi Bob,

        The FT-897D has two of what I call "floating" bands on HF. Simply go
        to one of your 5 MHz bands, press the MEM/VFO CH knbo, dial up to 15
        MHz, and the push the MEM/VFO CH knob again. Of course you set these
        to any band you want.

        Sometimes if you tune out of a ham band, like 7 MHz down to 5 MHz, that
        band will now be a "floating" band and it will take the place of maybe
        you 15 MHz setting. That is probably how you lost it.

        73,
        Steve Yates - AA5TB

        http://www.aa5tb.com

        --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, "bobtbobbo" <K1AO@...> wrote:

        > When using the Band up/down buttons, say pressing "up" from 80 meters,
        > it goes to 5.000 MHZ. The next press of the "up" button brings up
        > 5.323.0 MHZ. The next press of "up" brings up 40 meters.The rest of
        > the band rotation is correct.
        >
        > 1). How did I get these two 5 MHZ frequencies into the basic band
        > rotation in the first place?
        >
        > 2). How do I get rid of one (or both) of these 5 MHZ bands?
        >
        > This doubling of 5 MHZ bands spots seems to have caused the 15 MHZ
        > spot to be lost.
        >
        > Thanks. Bob, K1AO

      • James Peters
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 1, 2008
          Boy did that scear me the first time...I thought my rig was messed up...But you are right...it floats and when you go back to the original frequency....all is back in order !!!
          Known-how is silver and recovery from panic shock is gold...HiHi

          KI4KGu

          James