info re FT-100 & 857 & 897

  • ve7baq
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2003
      Thank you to all who responded to my post regarding comparisons
      between the ft-100D and the FT-857 and the FT-897. I received a lot
      of information and opinions on all these models as well as help
      toward various web sites that give all the specs. Etc. on them. I am
      impressed that there were no flames also. Thank you all. The
      result is, I am going to keep my FT-100D and not trade. It seems to
      have all the features I could possibly need. The receive coverage is
      continuos from below the broadcast band to way up above anything I
      would want to hear. As I said in my original post, it does all it is
      claimed to do, and the only drawback is the itty bitty little
      buttons, but actually there is no room for bigger ones so I will just
      be careful with my big fingers. HI!! Back lighting of the buttons
      would be nice also, or contrasting colors, but there we are. Thanks
      again. Einar VE7BAQ on the north coast of Beautiful British Columbia.