Re: FS: FT-897D, FT-857, FT-817, Z-100 with One Button Tune and other stuff

  • Michael Colvin
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 4, 2007
      The LDG Z-100 has ben sold.

      Michael Colvin

      --
      Michael Colvin W6CUJ
      American Red Cross
      Emergency Communications
      mcolvin@...
      157 Hazell Way
      San Gabriel, CA 91776-3203
      tel: 626.282.9868
      fax: 1.801.846.7747
      mobile: 530.844.3838

    • Tim Lyons
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 5, 2007
        Michael, If I were you, I would hold onto the 817. I have been to lots of countries around the world and I can tell you that you will be sorry you parted company with it the first time you are out in the boonies. Even if you don't operate it, the receiver will come in very handy.

        Just sumpin to think bout!
        NH2BV

        Michael Colvin <mcolvin@...> wrote: The LDG Z-100 has ben sold.

        Michael Colvin

        --
        Michael Colvin W6CUJ
        American Red Cross

      • Michael Colvin
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 5, 2007
          Good point, Tim, I won't be leaving for a while, so there will be time to
          buy an FT-817D if I decide to take it with me. The Peace Corps is a little
          skittish about amateur radio being used in its service, because of the
          potential for being identified as CIA, which is the last thing they want to
          have happen. Unsophisticated folks too often are frightened by technology
          anyway.

          Michael

          On 6/5/07, Tim Lyons <nh2bv@...> wrote:

          > Michael, If I were you, I would hold onto the 817. I have been to lots
          > of countries around the world and I can tell you that you will be sorry you
          > parted company with it the first time you are out in the boonies. Even if
          > you don't operate it, the receiver will come in very handy.
          >
          > Just sumpin to think bout!
          > NH2BV
          >
          > Michael Colvin <mcolvin@... <mcolvin%40gmail.com>> wrote: The LDG
          > Z-100 has ben sold.
          >

          > Michael Colvin
          >
          > --
          > Michael Colvin W6CUJ
          > American Red Cross
          > Emergency Communications
          > mcolvin@... <mcolvin%40gmail.com>
          > 157 Hazell Way
          > San Gabriel, CA 91776-3203
          > tel: 626.282.9868
          > fax: 1.801.846.7747
          > mobile: 530.844.3838

          Michael Colvin W6CUJ
          American Red Cross
          Emergency Communications
          mcolvin@...
          157 Hazell Way
          San Gabriel, CA 91776-3203
          tel: 626.282.9868
          fax: 1.801.846.7747
          mobile: 530.844.3838

        • Tim Lyons
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 5, 2007
            I understand. I have been in places where just a camera can get the local militia annoyed. You can always have it shipped to you after you get in country. That way you can start to gain the confidence by elmering some kids that show interest in the theory side. You'll be astonished at how hungry those young minds are when it comes to the math and sciences. It is great to apply that with radio practices.

            73
            Tim
            NH2BV

            Michael Colvin <mcolvin@...> wrote: Good point, Tim, I won't be leaving for a while, so there will be time to
            buy an FT-817D if I decide to take it with me. The Peace Corps is a little
            skittish about amateur radio being used in its service, because of the
            potential for being identified as CIA, which is the last thing they want to
            have happen. Unsophisticated folks too often are frightened by technology
            anyway.

            Michael

            On 6/5/07, Tim Lyons <nh2bv@...> wrote:

            > Michael, If I were you, I would hold onto the 817. I have been to lots
            > of countries around the world and I can tell you that you will be sorry you
            > parted company with it the first time you are out in the boonies. Even if
            > you don't operate it, the receiver will come in very handy.
            >
            > Just sumpin to think bout!
            > NH2BV
            >
            > Michael Colvin <mcolvin@... <mcolvin%40gmail.com>> wrote: The LDG
            > Z-100 has ben sold.