FT-897D & BHI DSP

  • Kerry Winer
    Message 1 of 3 , May 5 9:48 AM
      I was curious if anyone has installed the BHI DSP in the FT-897D. The
      Hear-it speaker DSP appears to have a much better DSP algorithm than
      the Internal Yaesu DSP. Does anyone know of a website to show the
      best way to stick the BHI in the FT-897D audio chain? The battery
      select switch on the top would make a good place for the BHI
      pushbutton / LED panel. All comments welcome..Thanks, Kerry K8KSW
    • HB9MTN/5B4AGV, Ed
      Message 2 of 3 , May 7 8:53 AM
        Kerry,

        I have been using NEDSP1061's in my FT817, IC-740 and Alinco DX-77 for
        years. For my FT897 I have choosen to use the external bhi NESP10-2
        speaker with excellent results, much better than the internal "DSP"
        (which deserves the quotes)!

        73, Ed

        Message 3 of 3 , May 8 9:42 PM
          sorry, my statement was not clear, it should read

          For my FT897 I have choosen to use the external bhi NESP10-2
          speaker with excellent results, much better than the internal "DSP" of
          the FT-897(which deserves the quotes)!

          I am very happy with both, the internal and the external DSP's from bhi!

          73, Ed