Transmit RF power acting strange on 6 meters

  • kf4uga
    Message 1 of 1 , May 3, 2007
      I have been using my 897D for almost 2 years on 6 meters and above. My
      problem is lately when I try to use low power(5-20 watts) on 6 meters
      FM (50.600) the RF drops out completely but the PWR meter shows that
      the power is ramping itself up to around 75 watts.There are major
      changes in SWR ,and no high VSWR notification per the meter.When using
      the rig at full output(100 watts)it shows no problems.Power supply
      voltage is steady 13.8 and unwavering from a Kenwood PS-430.Anyone
      with a clue to what this could be please advise.Thanks 73's Sam M.
      KF4UGA@...