FM Mode 80 Mhz Range

  • Pres Waterman
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 1, 2003
      --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, "f6iit" <pvermote@c...> wrote:
      > Is anybody try to setup FM mode and not WFM mode in 80 Mhz range ?
      >
      > Regards
      >
      > Pat

      Pat,

      This frequency is outside the Ham band why would you want transmit
      there, it would be a violation?

      When did s/he say it was for transmit?

      The question only asked about a mode and a frequency. In some areas, 80MHz
      is used for Public Safety in NFM mode. It is not illegal to listen there.

      Thanks

      .Pres Waterman.W2PW
      GO BILLS!
    • reallyw2tg
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 1, 2003
        --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, Pres Waterman <presw@1...> wrote:

        > When did s/he say it was for transmit?
        >
        > The question only asked about a mode and a frequency. In some areas,
        80MHz
        > is used for Public Safety in NFM mode. It is not illegal to listen
        there.

        Pres, since the question was about changing from WBFM to NBFM at
        80MHz, it was certainly about receiving since this radio can't
        transmit in WBFM on that or on any other frequency! But separately,
        you may be surprised at what is illegal to listen to in France :-)

        Tony
      • Einar Carlsen
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 1, 2003
          To end this discussion about WFM and FM: just press the MODE button momentarily a few times until you come up with FM. Hold the button in for ½ second and it will change to WFM. Do the same when you wish to return to FM. No sweat, even I have found this out but it took a bit of reading the manual to find it. VE7BAQ