Re: FT-897 / 897D

  • pa0vdp
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 31, 2007
      In the D version it is not possible to do a 'Software Broadbanding'
      anymore because that function has been write protected in the EEPROM
      by Yeasu. The only way to widen some bands for the TX is with the 9
      solder pads. I read this somewhere; don't know where. Maybe someone
      can confirm this?

      73,
      Ad
      PA0VDP

      --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, "Terry" <terry.tankard@...> wrote:

      > Hello as a new owner of a used FT-897 could i ask other owners/
      users
      > advice please.
      >
      > Is there any difference in the 897 and the 897D other than the 897D
      > comes with the TCXO9 fitted as standard.
      >
      > Many Thanks in Advance.
      >
      > Terry.

    • Terry Genes
      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 1, 2007
        I widebannded my FT857D and FT897D with M0BMN widebander V4 software with no
        problems at all

        73 Terry

      • Ron
        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 4, 2007
          --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, "Terry Genes" <genes@...> wrote:

          > I widebannded my FT857D and FT897D with M0BMN widebander V4 software
          with no
          > problems at all
          >
          > 73 Terry
          >

          > [What is M0BMN widebander V4 and where does one get it?
        • cooldotwebdesign
          Message 4 of 14 , Nov 20, 2008
            All I can confirm is I bought my 897D a few weeks ago and so far none
            of the software mods have worked. They didn't work on my 817nd either
            (again a newer model), which stands to reason, I mean, if it's worth
            write protecting one then why not all? I am also hearing that the
            newer 817nd's are imune to some of the hardware (jumper) widebanding
            as well (as in changing the jumpers doesn't work as well/the same)???

            Paul - M3PGX