Re: [FT897] Receive Drop-Out?

  • kd4e
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 6, 2006
      > Try better/new coaxial cables/connectors?
      > 73, KC3VO-Bob Curry

      You think that I may have a poor connection
      somewhere?

      Hmmm. Next time I get the dropout I will
      try the switch between the dipole and the
      vertical.

      If that does not work I will then hit the
      PTT. If it clears then I will know it is
      between the switch and the tuner and the
      rig and not further out.

      --

      Thanks! & 73, doc, KD4E
      ... in sunny & warm Florida :-)
        Doc:
        If the receive comes back when you click the PTT it's often a relay
        contact somewhere. This may be in the tuner (not sure what's in the radio
        without looking). Next time it does it, tap on the tuner then then radio
        to see if the receive comes back, then anything else connected (coax
        switch, connectors, etc). If it's a relay, this may help indicate where.

        Chuck - N8DNX

      • kc3vo@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 6, 2006
          It is always good to try different cables before digging into the
          radio-cables/connectors are CHEAPER! Hopefully, it is nothing serious. (I had a
          problem with a dirty relay in a LINEAR amp I used to have, but I cleared it by
          passing 12 volts AC at about 2 amps thru the relay contacts-that cleaned them,
          and it never failed again!) 73, KC3VO

        • nitomanito
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 6, 2006
            Some time ago, i had the same problem with my homemade balun, the
            problem was one connector in the balun. I hope this help you.

            73 EC7ANB
            Dani