Re: hello

  • Robert
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 6, 2006
      I'll agree to that as well! This is a great rig for the price!

      I replaced a 706MKII and have absolutely no regrets at all.

      The FT-897D menu system does take a bit of "training", but I managed
      to master mine in about a day (it has a lot of features!) Besides,
      it's not like the MKII or the new IC-7000 don't have menus to learn
      either! If anything the FT-897D is easier to navigate than the Icom,
      once you understand the layout.

      Additionally, the 706MKII is considered old, having been replaced by
      the IC-7000, which is literally twice the price, whereas the FT-897D
      is a newer radio at about the same price as the 706MKII.

      I use mine on all modes and bands, but as somebody who likes CW, I
      find the TenTec style full break in wonderful! You can actually hear
      between sending code elements, which makes CW operation more
      "conversational".

      This radio is full of little features that add up to one really nice
      radio to own and operate. The DSP filters are quite nice. I'm still
      going to purchase the Collins filters for the rig, but no need to
      shell out for them just yet!

      Definitely a great radio!

      73,
      Bob - KA9FLX

      --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, "rbeswick62" <rbeswick62@...> wrote:

      > --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, mcso@ wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi all,
      > > I just signed on to this group and wanted to say hello. I don't
      > > have this rig yet but am thinking about it. Any suggestions,
      > > comments, remarks would be appreciated.
      > >

      > > 73'
      > >
      > > Kevin KB2CYK
      > >
      > I love my 897D. The menues for your setting take about a week to get
      > used to playing with them for about 20 min a night, this is especially
      > true if you have never tinkered with radios before like myself. Does
      > everything the factory said it would do, No complaints here.
      >
      > KA6PSD Robert Formerly ( KE7IBL )
      > See my picture at QRZ

    • skippy in space
      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 23, 2010
        hello
        how are you doing, I recommend to you a safe and cheap shopping store,
        accept the secured transactions (PAYPAL), and to provide quality services
        for buyers.
        variety of quality products you can pick: LV GUCCI Chanel..etc. shoes,bags
        Please remember the website: www. yd-trading com
        any question please contact us MSN : yd-trading@ hotmail.com
        Skype: uteriit620

        best regards

      • Joe
        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 23, 2010
          OH NO! We are being spammed by skippies in space now! Is nothing sacred
          any more??? Have the Chinese launched a space station we don't know
          about???!!!

          Joe Wolfe
          WA6RKN
          Reno, Nevada

          > how are you doing, I recommend to you a safe and cheap shopping store,
          > accept the secured transactions (PAYPAL), and to provide quality services
          > for buyers.
        • rschaffrath
          Message 4 of 14 , Apr 23, 2010
            No my language you comprehend. Hopefully to understand English me get lucky happy!

            Best my happy heart regards...

            --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, skippy in space <skippyinspace@...> wrote:

            > hello
            > how are you doing, I recommend to you a safe and cheap shopping store,
            > accept the secured transactions (PAYPAL), and to provide quality services
            > for buyers.
            > variety of quality products you can pick: LV GUCCI Chanel..etc. shoes,bags
            > Please remember the website: www. yd-trading com
            > any question please contact us MSN : yd-trading@ hotmail.com
            > Skype: uteriit620
            >
            > best regards

          • Joe
            Message 5 of 14 , Apr 23, 2010
              Heh! Stationed in the Philippines at one time, eh wot?!!

              Joe - WA6RKN

              > No my language you comprehend. Hopefully to understand English me get
              > lucky happy!
              >
              > Best my happy heart regards...
            • Paul Harris
              Message 6 of 14 , Apr 23, 2010
                Maybe backward you speak Spam you. Paul KB2VEC

                No my language you comprehend. Hopefully to understand En.> wrote:

                > hello
                > how are you doing, I recommend to you a safe and cheap shopping store,
                > accept the secured transactions (PAYPAL), and to provide quality services
                > for buyers.
                > variety of quality products you can pick: LV GUCCI Chanel..etc. shoes,bags
                > Please remember the website: www. yd-trading com
                > any question please contact us MSN : yd-trading@ hotmail.com
                > Skype: uteriit620
                >
                > best regards

              • Carl Wulfestieg
                Message 7 of 14 , Apr 23, 2010
                  If you feel you must make comments, OK. But why do you keep sending the Spam to the whole list? It's probably full of viruses and spyware.
                  Carl WZ4CW

                • Joe
                  Message 8 of 14 , Apr 23, 2010
                    Because we are having a little fun with a spam from a non-English speaking
                    country.

                    What's life without some humor in it?

                    And it wasn't full of anything...Yahoo does a good job of filtering malware
                    that is embedded in a message. It is the attachments than can byte you if
                    one is careless in not keeping an up to date anti-malware program running on
                    their system!

                    Joe Wolfe
                    WA6RKN
                    Reno, Nevada

                    Message 9 of 14 , Apr 23, 2010
                      I removed all attachments  Did you also notice yahoo removed things also. Paul KB2VEC

                      .

                    • n0bnd Yahoo
                      Message 10 of 14 , Apr 23, 2010
                        I didn't realize Yoda had an 897.

                        Joel Mueller
                      • Finnigann
                        Message 11 of 14 , Apr 23, 2010
                          On Fri, 23 Apr 2010 22:53:58 -0300, n0bnd Yahoo <n0bnd@...> wrote:

                          > I didn't realize Yoda had an 897.

                          > Joel Mueller

                          That's why he's so COOL!

                          --

                          73'S

                          DE KC8UGV

                          Remembering our Vets - Then and Now

                          HTTP://www.tinyurl.com/bcarc12

                          http://my.opera.com/Finnigann/blog

                          http://community.webshots.com/user/finnigann

                        • W1AEX
                          Message 12 of 14 , Apr 24, 2010
                            I would imagine it's a pain for the moderator to monitor SPAM in a list group like this one. I see that the "Links" section of this board has also begun to fill up with dubious links again. SPAM spewers are relentless. Or as Yoda would say, relentless they are...

                            Rob W1AEX