FM Mode 80 Mhz Range

  • f6iit
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 5, 2003
      Is any body tried to listen 80 Mhz Rande frequency in FM mode ? (not
      WFM) ?

      Regards

      Patrick
      F6IIT
    • f6iit
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 31, 2003
        Is anybody try to setup FM mode and not WFM mode in 80 Mhz range ?

        Regards

        Pat
      • dietmarfichter
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 31, 2003
          --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, "f6iit" <pvermote@c...> wrote:
          > Is anybody try to setup FM mode and not WFM mode in 80 Mhz range ?
          >
          > Regards
          >
          > Pat

          Pat,

          This frequency is outside the Ham band why would you want transmit
          there, it would be a violation?

          73's
          Dietmar
          VE3CG
        • Pres Waterman
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 1, 2003
            --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, "f6iit" <pvermote@c...> wrote:
            > Is anybody try to setup FM mode and not WFM mode in 80 Mhz range ?
            >
            > Regards
            >
            > Pat

            Pat,

            This frequency is outside the Ham band why would you want transmit
            there, it would be a violation?

            When did s/he say it was for transmit?

            The question only asked about a mode and a frequency. In some areas, 80MHz
            is used for Public Safety in NFM mode. It is not illegal to listen there.

            Thanks

            .Pres Waterman.W2PW
            GO BILLS!
          • reallyw2tg
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 1, 2003
              --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, Pres Waterman <presw@1...> wrote:

              > When did s/he say it was for transmit?
              >
              > The question only asked about a mode and a frequency. In some areas,
              80MHz
              > is used for Public Safety in NFM mode. It is not illegal to listen
              there.

              Pres, since the question was about changing from WBFM to NBFM at
              80MHz, it was certainly about receiving since this radio can't
              transmit in WBFM on that or on any other frequency! But separately,
              you may be surprised at what is illegal to listen to in France :-)

              Tony
            • Einar Carlsen
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 1, 2003
                To end this discussion about WFM and FM: just press the MODE button momentarily a few times until you come up with FM. Hold the button in for ½ second and it will change to WFM. Do the same when you wish to return to FM. No sweat, even I have found this out but it took a bit of reading the manual to find it. VE7BAQ