Re: [FT897] Re: Deaf on VHF

  • Bisto Gravy Monster
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 3, 2006
      Thanks for that. I see where you are coming from.

      Good news is that is ok on all bands except general broadcast band/
      I have a new qth, and it is poor for vhf! I listened around and heard nothing so assumed it was radio. However a local operator informs me that the locale is "deaf" !

      I will ring Yaesu and inform the (meekly) that is was operator error! hi hi.

      Paul
      G1VML

      Paul <gadget17+yahoogroups@...> wrote:
      Paul,

      Check Menu 80 (SQL/RF GAIN). I had this set to RF Gain after a reset
      and thought mine had gone deaf. Trying changing to SQL and then fully
      open Squelch.

      Hope That Helps

      Paul 2E0TZO

      --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, Bisto Gravy Monster <geevml@...> wrote:

      > Hi All,
      > Has anyone experienced problem of no RX on 2Mtr, 70cm , Airband
      and General Broadcast stations on the FT897D?

      > I recently had my 897 overhauled / re-aligned by Yaesu, and
      although HF RX >50mhz is greatly improved, it is still deaf on all
      other bands.

      > (I initially thought I had inadvertantly changed some of the
      parameters on the extended / hidden menu, but the engineers found
      dodgy diodes.)