I did a very scary thing today. It was almost more than I could take.

  • bgriffinni5x
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2006
      I shipped my beloved and already missed 897 to Vertex Standard
      for repair.

      If it weren't for the fact that it was basically a dead lump,
      I couldn't have done it.

      The radio always set to my left on the top of the short bookshelves
      I built at the top of the stairs, connected to at least a VHF
      antenna for monitoring the local sheriff or the volunteer fire
      department. At all times, it was the potential for world wide
      communication right within easy reach, a security blanket with
      knobs and menus, capable of much more than it was asked to do.

      I have read all of the posts of the good and courteous service
      provided by Vertex Standard, but of course, the ones that are
      remembered and that stand out are the negative ones. For now,
      there is one less potential contact out there for each of you.
      If I can afford the repairs, I will appreciate the radio that
      much more, and just maybe will try a few cw contacts when my companion
      returns.

      (A little over the top, I know, but, what the hell, it was
      something different to read on the board.)

      Bill, ni5x.