Positive report on Yaesu service experience

  • Lew Phelps K6LMP
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1 10:47 AM
      Recently, my FT -8797 started acting up. I called Tech Support to
      describe the problem. The guy diagnosed it over the phone, but said
      it was not something that even a skilled user could easily fix, so I
      shipped it to Yaesu by UPS.

      They fixed it, at a very reasonable price, and had it back in my
      hands 5 days after I had shipped it. (I do live in SoCal, so the
      transit time was one day each direction.)

      I know there have been some grumblings about Yaesu's service on this
      list, but in this case, they were responsive, accurate in diagnosis,
      fast in repair, and fair in price.

      Lew Phelps K6LMP
      Pasadena, CA
      Yaesu FT-8900
      K6LMP@...
    • Bill Barbee
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1 12:26 PM
        Lew Phelps K6LMP wrote:

        >Recently, my FT -8797 started acting up. I called Tech Support to
        >describe the problem. The guy diagnosed it over the phone, but said
        >it was not something that even a skilled user could easily fix, so I
        >shipped it to Yaesu by UPS.
        >
        >They fixed it, at a very reasonable price, and had it back in my
        >hands 5 days after I had shipped it. (I do live in SoCal, so the
        >transit time was one day each direction.)
        >
        >I know there have been some grumblings about Yaesu's service on this
        >list, but in this case, they were responsive, accurate in diagnosis,
        >fast in repair, and fair in price.
        >

        >Lew Phelps K6LMP
        >Pasadena, CA
        >Yaesu FT-8900
        >K6LMP@...
        >

        >Yahoo! Groups Links

        Lew,
        What type of problem were you having if I may ask?
        Bill Barbee W5LV
      • Lew Phelps K6LMP
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 1 12:36 PM
          Memory would not hold settings; required replacement of a power
          management chip on the main board.

          Lew
          K6LMP

          On Aug 1, 2006, at 12:26 PM, Bill Barbee wrote:

          > Lew Phelps K6LMP wrote:
          >
          > >Recently, my FT -8797 started acting up. I called Tech Support to
          > >describe the problem. The guy diagnosed it over the phone, but said
          > >it was not something that even a skilled user could easily fix, so I
          > >shipped it to Yaesu by UPS.
          > >
          > >They fixed it, at a very reasonable price, and had it back in my
          > >hands 5 days after I had shipped it. (I do live in SoCal, so the
          > >transit time was one day each direction.)
          > >
          > >I know there have been some grumblings about Yaesu's service on this
          > >list, but in this case, they were responsive, accurate in diagnosis,
          > >fast in repair, and fair in price.
          > >

          > >Lew Phelps K6LMP
          > >Pasadena, CA
          > >Yaesu FT-8900
          > >K6LMP@...
          > >

          > >Yahoo! Groups Links
          > >

          > Lew,
          > What type of problem were you having if I may ask?
          > Bill Barbee W5LV

          Lewis M. Phelps
          Member of the Firm
          Sitrick And Company