Re: FTBasicMMO

  • colinanthonyivers
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 3, 2006
      --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, "Peter K. Hodgson" <va3pkh@...> wrote:

      This is the message I got on trying to load
      "The file header record looks like one from VX5Cmdr
      #,Tag,RX Freq,Mode,Skip,Step,Masked,RPT Sh,ShiftFrq,TS/DCS,Tone,DCS,TX
      Pwr,TX Dev,Clk Sh,Icon
      Import aborted"

      But like all radio you dont know till you try :-{

      Many Thanks

      73s Colin M3IHS
    • Peter K. Hodgson
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 3, 2006
        Hi
        I am getting the same message.
        I downloaded the demo FTB MMO and I am experimenting.
        Not getting too far at present. The FTB Frequency Import Gizmo, will
        strip out the frequencies from the VX5 file but thats as far as I got.

        --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, "colinanthonyivers"
        <colinanthonyivers@...> wrote:

        > --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, "Peter K. Hodgson" <va3pkh@> wrote:
        > >

        > This is the message I got on trying to load
        > "The file header record looks like one from VX5Cmdr
        > #,Tag,RX Freq,Mode,Skip,Step,Masked,RPT Sh,ShiftFrq,TS/DCS,Tone,DCS,TX
        > Pwr,TX Dev,Clk Sh,Icon
        > Import aborted"
        >
        > But like all radio you dont know till you try :-{
        >
        > Many Thanks
        >
        > 73s Colin M3IHS

      • Gary McKelvie
        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 3, 2006
          Hi to the list,

          I'm getting brain dead :0
          The file is from a VX5 so you need to convert it to a format the
          857/897 will recogonise.
          Still trying to figure that one out at present :)

          Regards

          Gary G7USC
          --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, "Peter K. Hodgson" <va3pkh@...> wrote:

          > Hi
          > I am getting the same message.
          > I downloaded the demo FTB MMO and I am experimenting.
          > Not getting too far at present. The FTB Frequency Import Gizmo,
          will
          > strip out the frequencies from the VX5 file but thats as far as I
          got.

          > --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, "colinanthonyivers"
          > <colinanthonyivers@> wrote:
          > >
          > > --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, "Peter K. Hodgson" <va3pkh@> wrote:
          > > >

          > > This is the message I got on trying to load
          > > "The file header record looks like one from VX5Cmdr
          > > #,Tag,RX Freq,Mode,Skip,Step,Masked,RPT
          Sh,ShiftFrq,TS/DCS,Tone,DCS,TX
          > > Pwr,TX Dev,Clk Sh,Icon
          > > Import aborted"
          > >
          > > But like all radio you dont know till you try :-{
          > >
          > > Many Thanks
          > >
          > > 73s Colin M3IHS

        • g4hfq
          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 3, 2006
            I'll try to clarify import using FTBasicMMO.

            The program will only import files that are in its own format - called
            FTBasic format.

            However, there is a conversion utility built in that can read/write
            numerous other formats and convert them - VX5 Commander is supported as
            well as various Kenwood radios. The conversion utility is accessed from
            the Tools menu of the initial window you get when the program is
            started. Usage is in the Help file section 'Conversion of memory files
            to/from other programs'.

            Some files from other programs may have more than 200 records in them.
            No problem - just do the conversion and then edit the resulting FTBasic
            format file using either the built in CSV memory file editor.

            There is also a utility to try to identify the format of .CSV files
            called 'CSV file identifier'. This lets you look at the first few
            records of a .csv file and tells you which program created it.

            Anyone who has problems in this area please email me direct and I will
            try to help.

            73,
            Bob G4HFQ

            --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, "Gary McKelvie" <garym@...> wrote:

            > Hi to the list,
            >
            > I'm getting brain dead :0
            > The file is from a VX5 so you need to convert it to a format the
            > 857/897 will recogonise.
            > Still trying to figure that one out at present :)
            >
            > Regards
            >
            > Gary G7USC
          • Michael Colvin
            Message 5 of 13 , Jul 3, 2006
              Gary

              The correct file headings for the FT897 CVS file are:
              Memory
              RX Freq
              RX Mode
              Shift
              TX Shift/Freq
              TX Mode
              CTCSS/DCSTone/Code
              Show [that means Freq or Name]
              Name
              Scan
              Group
              Description

              Refer to the Sample Memories CVS file in the FTBasicMM.rar file for further
              information or improt the CVS file into Excel and cutr and paste the UK
              information from the VX7 CVS file into it.

              I hope this helps.

              Michael Colvin
              W6CUJ

              On 7/3/06, Gary McKelvie <garym@...> wrote:

              > Hi to the list,
              >
              > I'm getting brain dead :0
              > The file is from a VX5 so you need to convert it to a format the
              > 857/897 will recogonise.
              > Still trying to figure that one out at present :)
              >
              > Regards
              >
              > Gary G7USC
              >
              > --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com <FT897%40yahoogroups.com>, "Peter K. Hodgson"
              > <va3pkh@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > Hi
              > > I am getting the same message.
              > > I downloaded the demo FTB MMO and I am experimenting.
              > > Not getting too far at present. The FTB Frequency Import Gizmo,
              > will
              > > strip out the frequencies from the VX5 file but thats as far as I
              > got.
              > >

              > > --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com <FT897%40yahoogroups.com>,
              > "colinanthonyivers"
              > > <colinanthonyivers@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com <FT897%40yahoogroups.com>, "Peter K.
              > Hodgson" <va3pkh@> wrote:
              > > > >

              > > > This is the message I got on trying to load
              > > > "The file header record looks like one from VX5Cmdr
              > > > #,Tag,RX Freq,Mode,Skip,Step,Masked,RPT
              > Sh,ShiftFrq,TS/DCS,Tone,DCS,TX
              > > > Pwr,TX Dev,Clk Sh,Icon
              > > > Import aborted"
              > > >
              > > > But like all radio you dont know till you try :-{
              > > >
              > > > Many Thanks
              > > >
              > > > 73s Colin M3IHS

            • colin ivers
              Message 6 of 13 , Jul 3, 2006
                Now getting the hang of this wonderful program, but onty with the information that you have all sent me
                Many thanks to you all

                HAPPY RADIO DAYS

                73s Colin M3IHS

                Message 7 of 13 , Jul 4, 2006
                  hi to the list,

                  As I've said before i have a 857 but I would be willing to export my
                  own memory file as a csv file for those in the group (or email me off
                  the list) living in the UK , that would like to have all 6 meter
                  repeaters (according to 2005 Year book) and those 2 meter and 70cms
                  repeaters for the North west of England . I live in Chester.
                  I have managed now to import most of the England VX5 file (obviously
                  the frequencies of interest to me) into my 857.

                  As Colin says this is a wonderful bit of software and certainly makes
                  managing memories far easier, even when having a brain dead moment
                  as I was last night :)

                  The only thing with some of the original memories in the VX5 file,
                  they have various TX shifts but no direction of shift so I'll have to
                  look into that :)
                  But definitely a very useful file indeed So Ta very much to Peter
                  VE3UR / VA3PKH for posting it.

                  Also Ta to Michael W6CUJ. I figured it out after posting the email
                  last night but was too tired after work to think straight. I
                  appreciate your comments as they confirmed what I should have done in
                  the first place :)

                  Regards and 73
                  Gary G7USC

                  At 23:31 03/07/2006, you wrote:
                  >Now getting the hang of this wonderful program, but onty with the
                  >information that you have all sent me
                  >Many thanks to you all
                  >
                  >HAPPY RADIO DAYS
                  >
                  >73s Colin M3IHS
                • ad9p
                  Message 8 of 13 , Apr 23, 2012
                    I had to replace my PC.
                    Currently I am using a Windows 7 64 bit system.
                    I am unable to register FTBasicMMO on this Pc.

                    Has anyone been able to use FTBasic on a 64 bit PC

                    I just bought a FT897D, and still find that it is a good little radio.

                    Thanks
                    AL
                    AD9P
                  • Bob Jones
                    Message 9 of 13 , Apr 26, 2012
                      Start FTbasic as "Administrator" and it will register. Users do not have the priviledge to write to the programs directory.

                      Bob
                      W4LCS

                      Message 10 of 13 , Apr 26, 2012
                        Hi AL,
                        Best solution is to contact Bob via email.
                        Ray, VK3ACT