Huntsville Hamfest

  • w4wb
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 18, 2002
      The preproduction FT-897 was there, but there is still no USA price
      set yet. Best I gathered is that the production units will be at a
      store near you in several weeks.

      Based upon the Japanese price reported, I would guess the US price
      will be about 10% less. Guess we will all know soon.

      FWIW, you can waste a lot of time programming the color display to
      make it look like a pinball machine. Anybody for light-green over S-
      9?

      73 de Barry - W4WB
    • wshanney
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 19, 2002
        --- In FT897@y..., "w4wb" <barry@o...> wrote:
        > The preproduction FT-897 was there, but there is still no USA price
        > set yet. Best I gathered is that the production units will be at a
        > store near you in several weeks.
        >
        > Based upon the Japanese price reported, I would guess the US price
        > will be about 10% less. Guess we will all know soon.
        >
        > FWIW, you can waste a lot of time programming the color display to
        > make it look like a pinball machine. Anybody for light-green over
        S-
        > 9?
        >
        > 73 de Barry - W4WB

        The Yaesu folks at the ARRL SW Division convention this weekend said
        they expected shipping to start in 8-10 weeks.
        Bill