Re: [FT897] Linear Amp Keying Problem

  • Jeff
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 10, 2006
      Tom

      The 'ring' on the 3.5mm jack is an input to the 897 that causes the radio to
      o/p a carrier. You want theTtx Ground line on the 8 pin mini din socket.

      73
      Jeff
      G8HUL

      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 10, 2006
        Jeff,

        Thanks so much for the assist. I appreciate it. I have to say that
        the documentation with this radio is terrible.

        Looks like I'm going to have to manufacture a suitable cable for what
        I'd like to do.

        73,

        Tom
        KI6CDF