Re: [FT897] Re: Frequency accuracy

  • K.Greenough
    Message 1 of 15 , May 3, 2006
      What's the purpose of a mailing that just repeats
      one already sent?
      Ken g8beq
    • k0cj
      Message 2 of 15 , May 4, 2006
        --- In FT897@yahoogroups.com, "Mike" <prcradio@...> wrote:

        > If you have a TV ch 2 in your area you can zero beat to the 55.25MHz
        > video carrier.

        I don't know what happened to the text of my last post, but I'll try
        again.

        But watch out for a possible frequency offset. The Ch 2 video carrier
        may be either higher or lower than nominal by 10 KHz. This should be
        quite obvious but if the possibility isn't known, one might think that
        the calibration is REALLY off.

        73, CJ K0CJ